Everybody gets Monday-itis… Poor Monday is the most unloved day of the week – from which Friday just seems so far away! I’ve discovered a reason to LOVE Mondays in Perth! Inglewood on Beaufort is a night market that’s held each and every Monday night from 6pm – August till March.
We started our foodie trail at the city end, near Mondos Butchers and walked up one side of the street then down the other side on the way back. It’s a nice stroll, not a great distance for little people and there’s lots of live music along the way adding to the atmosphere.
Admittedly, I did have my food blinkers on a little as I was on a mission to find hummus. I’ve met the lovely people behind the Hummus Club at a few foodie events. I’ve had scrumptious little samples of their food and been desperado to try a proper sized portion for a long time!
It was totally worth the wait. I savoured the Club Mix – which is a mix of all their favourites- a generous serve of hummus, fluffy falafels, a middle eastern salad with a pomegranate dressing and fresh pita. I had a little chili sauce on the side too which gave a spicy kick. The delish dinner was washed down with their refreshing pomegranate lemonade. Find the Hummus Club at their Trinity Arcade pop up in the CBD and Friday Hawkers market in the city too.
There’s a huge choice of cuisines from all around the world…
You’ll also find:
- Soup from Suppa Club
- Columbian empanadas from Marcelita’s
- Dutch pancakes from Café Oranjeaus
- Gourmet toasted sandwiches from Grilled To The Mac
- Arabic Rice and more from Meast (Middle Eastern Street Food)
- Freshly baked bread from New Nocia Bakery
- Indian treats from Bollygood Foods
- Bratwaurst from Antons
- Meat, meat and more meat by EL Argentino
- Chilean delights by La Fuente
- Coffee from Coastal Coffee
- Chilli Dawgs and more at Smokin BBQ Bus
- Handmade marshmallow from Mashmalloz
- Asian eats by Bangkok Jump Street
- Moroccan Food by Shak Shuk
I was really impressed with the Inglewood on Beaufort Night Markets. You could go every Monday and eat from a different vendor every time. I think making Monday a cooking free zone sounds like a very good idea to Chef and I!
For more info check out their website.